I obtained my Bachelor of Commerce (B.Comm) degree in 1981 with concentrations in Finance and Accounting and my Bachelor of Law (LL.B.) degree in 1982 with concentrations in Corporate and Taxation Law from the University of British Columbia.
From 1982 through 1997 I practiced primarily corporate, commercial and real estate law with the downtown Vancouver law firm that eventually became Goldman Mathiesen Lakhani Seligman.
In 1997 I accepted the invitation of the Crown Packaging Group to become their General Counsel and form an internal legal department. As General Counsel I managed all legal issues, including mergers, acquisitions and dispositions, commercial contracts, real property and equipment leasing, employment issues, litigation management, negotiations, financings and cross-border issues, as well as acted as principal legal advisor to the Board of Directors. In 2001 the Crown Packaging Group was sold to various industry entities outside British Columbia, and I returned to private practice.
Formal Leadership / Management Training
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- 1997 Covey Leadership Training
- 1998 Covey Facilitation Workshop (Seven Habits of Highly Effective People)
- 1998 Lean Management Systems Training (initial level)
Special Skills and Hobbies
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Corporate Counsel Association
- Pacific Open Heart Association
- United Way of the Lower Mainland (Account Executive)
- Computer Technology
- Science Fiction